Don’t forget the deadline for submissions for Future Imperfect – our summer season new writing project – is 31 March. Continue reading “Future Imperfect – Writing Deadline”
Next week! Tickets available now!
Last year we ran a new writing competition to gather short plays around a theme for a week-long run at the Lion & Unicorn Theatre. Much fun was had by audience and actor alike, and the feedback on the show was universally positive. The event went so well that we are going to go for another round this summer!
We are looking to choose 12 pieces around the theme “Future imperfect”, that are no longer than 4 sides of A4 paper, and need no more than 3 actors. They say restriction breeds creativity…
So if you’re an experienced writer who wants to experiment with what can be achieved in a short duration, or a brand new creative that hasn’t-got-around-to-writing-but-will-do-because-it’s-a-new-year’s-resolution-honest…. This is your opportunity — we want to hear your words!
You can submit as many pieces as you like, the deadline for submissions is 31st March, and we will let you know if you were successful in early April.
Questions, and submissions, to Carl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the cast of Othello. This production will be performed at Baron’s Court Theatre from 27 – 31 March.
Roderigo: Billy Knowles
Iago: Martin Shaw
Brabantio: Stephen Reimer
Othello: Elliott Bornemann
Cassio: Nick Edwards
The Duke: Helen Jackson
Lodovico: Keir Mills
Desdemona: Izzie Price
Montano: Graham White
Emilia: Julia Pagett
Bianca: Lene Kqiku
Ensemble: Eddie Coleman
Ensemble: Ian Green
Crew, if needed at this point, is:
Director: Duncan Moore
Assistant Director: Sarah Beebe
Stage Manager: Asma Mani
Fight director: Enric Ortuno
Music: Ewen Moore
Lighting and sound: Martin E. Rosso
Congratulations to the cast of The Red Envelope Project. It will be performed at Barons Court Theatre from 13 -17 March.
Congratulations to the cast of Salomé, the show will be performed at The Rosemary Branch Theatre from 20 – 24th March.
Salomé: Grace Arnold
John: Sonny Cassone
Herod: Charles Sobry
Herodias: Gabriella Gummer-Davies
Young Man: Richard Copperwaite
First Soldier: Sabrina Bals
The Executioner: Maxime Noel
Director: Laura Torn
Assistant Director: Assistant Director
Music: Johnny Parr
Props: Aidan Carroll
Movement Director: Olivia Stone
You can hear all about our Spring Season at our Launch Event, from 7pm Thursday 4 January 2018 at the Hoop & Grapes, Farringdon. Meet the directors, hear about their visions for our exciting season. Follow the links to read the full audition notices:
Audition details for all shows as follows:
Date: Monday 8, Wednesday 10, Thursday 11 January
Time: 6.45pm – 7pm registration, auditions 7pm – 9pm
Location: The Albany, Douglas Way, Deptford, SE8 4AG (nearest stations are New Cross and Deptford)
If you’re interested in directing in Spring 2018, read on…
- Pitches open – prospective directors to register interest on contact form
- Pitching questionnaire – prospective directors to complete (by 21 October)
- Interviews – prospective directors meet with Chair (21 – 29 October)
- Decision – Spring productions confirmed (by 8 November)
- Name of the play you want to pitch and author?
- Approx running time of play? Will you have an interval?
- Brief description of the plot of the play?
- Number of actors? Male/female split?
- Why do you want to direct this play? What do you plan to do with it? Why would actors want to be involved?
- What experience do you have of working with/managing groups of people? Include theatre/directing experience or from another area of your life.
- Are you available for all three of the available slots for Spring?
- Do you intend to work alongside an assistant director or producer? If so, do you have people in mind?
- Is there anything else you want to tell us?
- On occasion we are unable to attain performance rights for plays, so ask directors to consider a rights free alternative production as a back-up (if their first choice isn’t rights free)? Do you already have an alternative play in mind?
Spring Season dates:
4 or 11 Jan – Season Launch event
15 – 18 Jan – Auditions
20 Jan – Recalls
22 Jan onwards – Mon, Wed, Sun – Rehearsals
12 – 17 March, Production week Show 1, Barons Court Theatre W14
19 – 24 March, Production week Show 2, Lion & Unicorn Theatre NW5
26 – 31 March, Production week Show 3, Barons Court Theatre W14