If you’re interested in directing in Spring 2018, read on…
- Pitches open – prospective directors to register interest on contact form
- Pitching questionnaire – prospective directors to complete (by 21 October)
- Interviews – prospective directors meet with Chair (21 – 29 October)
- Decision – Spring productions confirmed (by 8 November)
- Name of the play you want to pitch and author?
- Approx running time of play? Will you have an interval?
- Brief description of the plot of the play?
- Number of actors? Male/female split?
- Why do you want to direct this play? What do you plan to do with it? Why would actors want to be involved?
- What experience do you have of working with/managing groups of people? Include theatre/directing experience or from another area of your life.
- Are you available for all three of the available slots for Spring?
- Do you intend to work alongside an assistant director or producer? If so, do you have people in mind?
- Is there anything else you want to tell us?
- On occasion we are unable to attain performance rights for plays, so ask directors to consider a rights free alternative production as a back-up (if their first choice isn’t rights free)? Do you already have an alternative play in mind?
Spring Season dates:
4 or 11 Jan – Season Launch event
15 – 18 Jan – Auditions
20 Jan – Recalls
22 Jan onwards – Mon, Wed, Sun – Rehearsals
12 – 17 March, Production week Show 1, Barons Court Theatre W14
19 – 24 March, Production week Show 2, Lion & Unicorn Theatre NW5
26 – 31 March, Production week Show 3, Barons Court Theatre W14